Friday, August 11, 2017
Approaching Motherhood
11th August 2017
All will be worthy - the long endured physical and emotional pains, the newly formed scars and the shed tears. I admit these 9 months have been tough, and it shapes me to be a more stable emotional being. Sure I have entered into whirlwind ride of morning sicknesses and physical pregnancy pains, but things do not stop there.
While pregnancy women are those who require emotional support most, I myself have been mom-shamed and hurt by people. Pregnancy period has shown the real friends and the unhappy friends, the real side of family members and the strength of mine. I had been working heavy housework relentlessly, keeping in peace with terrible relatives and people and remaining gracious to occasionally inconsiderate husband and in-law. In short, pregnancy involves both internal and external pains.
While I foresee pains will not cease by the end of pregnancy, I hope that I receive a fair share amount of love for enduring tough pregnancy. I believe deeds done in love will not go wasted, even if people keep throwing thorns of jealousy and hatred. I believe all sacrifices made for prioritizing family needs will be worth it. I believe there is sunlight after a lonely stroll on aisle of thorns.
It is hard to name any good things enjoyed during pregnancy. The truth is not as what people imagined. We don't do pigging-out. We do exercises to ensure fit pregnancy. We don't have luxury of lashing emotional stress to partner. We don't do shopping spree when we get stress. We keep our budget slim to afford better quality for our child. We study a lot to pick smart choices. We wrestle with fake contractions every night. We deal with restlessness during day.
Yet, I believe everything will be worth it regardless of all. All the pains.
Much love,
Irene
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment