17th May 2017
Selamanya kita akan bersama
Melewati segalanya
Yang dapat pisahkan kita berdua
Selamanya kita akan bersama
Tak kan ada keraguan
Kini dan nanti
Percayalah
Hanya dirimu satu-satunya
Tercipta untukku
Percayalah - Raisa and Afgan
I happened to bump over my friend's Instagram old post which is disheartening. I remember back in 2013 we were baking cheesecake and cookies together over her aunt's big house in Holland Village Singapore. Those preparing, mixing and baking processes ended until dinner time. Hence, my friend asked me to join dinner with her, aunty and uncle. Her uncle is one of reputable engineers in Singapore who built Marina Bay Sands and Art Science Museum. In short, he is a conglomerate.
Although they didn't know me, I was treated like fellow family member. We sat and ate together over nutritious home-cooked meals. I remember that was proper meal after a long time. I had been eating poorly during my university year to afford my life.
Her aunt was diagnosed with sickness few months after her holiday trip to Japan. Her sickness was presumably a difficult one that she passed away no longer than one year after diagnosed. During her final commemorate ceremony, my friend wrote :
The best things in life are not things,
not wealth or luxuries, but
they are people and memories,
people and photos,
feeling and memories remembered.
It sounds cliché and I used to despise it. I mean, let's just make the best of everything in every moment, then we will live with no regrets ever. I was wrong. She proves it right.
I always wondered why my husband always made the most in every celebrated occasion and holiday. He got excited to arrange every occasion to make it worth remembered. Mount Faber sky-high fine dining. Kupu Kupu Barong cliffside fine dining. Karaoke Japanese restaurant dinner (it's weird right but it was so good!). Karma Kandara Bali oceanside fine dining. Swimming with dolphins. Sydney helicopter ride. Harbour bridge climbing. Canberra hot-air balloon ride. Lastly, Canberra tulip festival.
They are all beautiful memories and well-remembered until now. This song reminds me of those memories when we were trying to love one another amidst fights.
With love,
Irene
No comments:
Post a Comment