Wednesday, December 28, 2016

The Light Calling


28 December 2016


I admit that life situation can be painful. The world has no longer regarded fairness, integrity and justice as a good thing; the world hates it. When one behaves with bold integrity, every step he takes has become an issue to the world. The world has been living for too long in darkness - living, enjoying and is filled with much goodness that darkness can offer. That much goodness and addictive satisfaction which only darkness can offer is too good to be left.



The light is the main issue - why bother to walk in light if walking in darkness can assure whole satisfaction to the flesh? Walking in light requires struggles to the flesh. Why opt for poorer choice if we can have a better one?


No doubt if people who are called to be the light are often cast down. The world makes sure anyone who practice justice falters. The force of darkness is too great that it seems the light has no way to overcome it. These days, people who become the light face against oppositions and threats. The risk is great - if you light up darkness, you will have to lose your job, promotion, reputation, family members and life.



I am never likable wherever I go. Not because I am not likable, I am never friendly to unfairness (compromised value). I know the extend of compromising, but not to an extend of violating the values. Values and culture is set for a standard of harmony. Throughout my journey, I always experience mockery, false gossips and people waiting for my fall. True that becoming light only makes my life harder twice of the amount. My story always ends up with moving to a better place because work pressure and oppositions make me a better person.




One Indonesia politician who heeds his calling to be the light is faced with oppositions of losing his job and life. The issue is supposedly raging around capital city, but his influence has induced chaos around Indonesia. Halfway in his pursuit, he is about to be cast down and lose his calling. Will light overcome darkness or the other way round?



"For everyone who does wicked things hates the light and does not come to the light, lest his works should be exposed." John 3:20 ESV




Still manage to be thankful in all circumstances,


Irene



No comments:

Post a Comment