Motivation sets actions into motions. Whatever done on earth is based on motivation set within one's heart. One can do right things persistently for a cause based on either yearning of a breakthrough or tremendous fear running inside one's vein.
When Jesus submitted Himself to Pontius Pilate after being betrayed by His disciple, Judas Iscariot, He simply surrendered Himself to death out of love. Out of yearning to save the entire nations and people from sins and darkness. Out of humility - where son of God who deserves all greatness on earth will be condemned to death in sadistic way. Out of submission to Heavenly Father - the mission on earth. Out of grace - that unconditional love poured out without looking for any good in return.
Jesus truly portrayed Himself as an object who did things out of love without expecting or hoping any good in return.
If we are highly motivated out of deepest fear :
1/ will it last in a long run?
2/ how long will your motivation torture you?
3/ how much will circumstances torture you if things do not go according to your expectations?
Do things out of right heart attitude and motivation. Love, love without ceasing. Love, love extravagantly. Love, extend His love because you acknowledge you have been loved exceedingly by Him. Love, but don't forget about yourself as well.
To love is indeed not an easy thing. Sometimes, to love someone requires you to pay the price.
4 Love is patient and kind; love does not envy or boast; it is not arrogant 5 or rude. It does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful;[b] 6 it does not rejoice at wrongdoing, but rejoices with the truth. 7 Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.
8 Love never ends. As for prophecies, they will pass away; as for tongues, they will cease; as for knowledge, it will pass away. 9 For we know in part and we prophesy in part, 10 but when the perfect comes, the partial will pass away.11 When I was a child, I spoke like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I gave up childish ways. 12 For now we see in a mirror dimly, but then face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I have been fully known.
13 So now faith, hope, and love abide, these three; but the greatest of these is love.
Writing out of love,
Irene, x
No comments:
Post a Comment