this picture is dedicated to
my lovely dad
who adores business
very much
Dear dad,
Happy Father's Day. I know, I can't text or phone you. We've been separated for years. We have lost contact. I may not even recognize your physical appearance anymore, but your heart will never alter, right?
Father's Day 2010 was wasted with shopping in town, you know. I was glad that I could text you using my Indonesia phone number, and you replied me back. That was the last message that I received from you. You actually never want to keep in touch with your nuclear family. Do you feel guilty of yourself?
We, your nuclear family, have forgiven you.
Hey dad,
This year, I think that I won't be able to greet you. I don't know your number, and no one knows. Eventhough I have my gift for you, I can't send it via post; I don't know your address. Dad, tomorrow is going to be Father's Day Service in my church. Tomorrow is going to be my first time celebrating Father's Day. I wonder that this family is so dry because of lack of celebration. No one cares of others' special days- wedding anniversary, birthdays, mother's day, father's day, Valentine's Day, white day, and other special days. I have no idea. I just feel so belonged when someone celebrates my birthday, at least, a surprise or simple gift for me.
I would like to admit that you're a lucky father, dad. You have a strong wife, working to support your and her 3 growing-up children. Your son who is smart. Your another daughter who is cute and funny. Me, who is the backbone and source of hope for this family. Most importantly, I have forgiven your sins which you've committed- physical and verbal abuse. I know, it hurt me deeply. However, God is my source of love and affection. I have casted out bitterness at the deliverance. I love you, dad.
Oh hey, dad.
Actually, I wanted to buy 3 books from my church's bookstore. There is promotion over there. I mean, I can get your favourite formal attire for office and your favourite tie. I know, you like Arnold Palmer, Guy Laroche, Crocodile, St. Yves Saint Laurent and other guy brands. HAHAHA. How I miss the moment spent with you when we were shopping for your new formal attire. I guess, I should get a business husband. LOL to the max.
Back to the 3 books gift. You were a great reader, reading many books. Your hobby is contagious. I love reading ever since my observation. HAHAHA. Your book collections were mostly history, literature, and business. Your daughter reads scientific matters, okay. LOL. Note that, you're reading mindfully with sip of tea to refresh your brain, but your daughter reads with Facebook beside her (and she always ends up with fallen asleep).
HAHAHA.
Okay, dad. I love you. I really mean it, okay.
You may come and stay in my house during your old days. I know, oldie has nowhere to stay during his/her old days, except to his/her own child's house. I welcome you. You're my dad, the only one in this world- priceless, irreplacable, and precious.
I wonder if I could hug you. If I could see you afar. If I could whisper 'Pa...'. If I could get to know you again after time has separated us. I want you to see your brandnew daughter who is transformed by Christ. You might be startled.
Papa, thank you for those precious moments. You used to play with me when I was small. I miss that. Eventhough I'm a teenager, we still can play crazily like it used to be.
I love you, Pa.
We will meet soon, okay, Pa? Christ is processing my prayer. My fervent prayer for you, in every single morning.
your lovingly daughter,
Irene, xxx
No comments:
Post a Comment