First and foremost, I'm truly sick at the moment. Runny nose, light-headed, flu and aching body. Well, it's normal, because I stayed overnight (for two nights) at other's places which means that I had my big late dinner like nobody's business =='' Then, as usual, after the big dinner, you will go for movie-marathon until the next morning. So, it's unquestionable if you will find myself being retarded in this moment.
I notice that many people talk about their New Year Eve. Some people in Medan merely stayed at home, watching either movies or crowd from screen. People in Singapore (most probably) had their countdown in Marina Bay Sands and Vivo City. How about me? :P
31st December 2010
I went to Lakeside, staying overnight with other Clementi Cell Group people in one of condos over there. The place is so wonderful, like you can imagine that it's as great as Novena's :) Firstly, before the big dinner, we went to gym and pool. Then, we hit pizza and KFC at the same time, accompanied by green tea and liquor. I seriously felt like 'this is the greatest meal that I've ever had in Singapore!'.
One thing for sure, after we had dinner, we did prayer the moment before entering 2011. We sang, we made some resolutions, we learnt some chapters in Bible, we thanked to God, and lastly, we greeted to each other after everything was done. Somehow, I'm grateful that I start the new year by praying instead of partying and clubbing.
In the afternoon, I went for my very first worship in 2011 at City Harvest Church. Well, the sermon was so touching. As a result, I shed my tears over it. The sermon was about Jabez who was such a 'handicapped' child for his being unwanted in his family. Although he was a 'handicapped' person in his life, he succeed in his life. What makes this sermon so touching is: the condition which I felt last time. So, it's like a coincidence to listen to sermon which is related to my situation.
1/1/11
I stayed in Orchard Hotel with my relatives. I experienced another harmony atmosphere while involving myself into them. Well, my family had been so chaotic that I could never feel any harmony at home. I'm so glad that I can experience it back although it was only for a few hours. Oh well, before heading to hotel, I had my late dinner in Sushi Tei Takashimaya. Super ♥ it! Thanks for the awesome night - Akim, Kuku,
1/1/11
Let's start the year with dreams, because God only uses dreamers. Be those who own God's dreams instead of people who have no dream, low dream, vague dream, and wrong dream. When you have dreams, you have your imagination for your goal. Therefore, you pray to God to lead you through the way there.
1st January 2011 is the official day when I start to have closer relationship with God.
The official day when I've brainwashed my crap history.
The official day when I shed my tears over my past mistakes and promise that I will take it as my lessons.
The official day when I state my new goals.
The official day when I'll stop listening to those demoralizing words.
The official day when I'll take challenges as my fuel.
The official day when I won't worry about everything, but in anything, I'll present it in my prayer.
Lastly, the official day when I was blessed with kindness of mankind and grace of God.
Never let 2010 defines who you will be in 2011 :D
with love, faith, and hope,
- Irene, ♥ -

No comments:
Post a Comment