Tuesday, May 10, 2016

The Last Girl who Laughs :D













After enduring pressures deciding to remain in Medan city for the past 3 years, it all yields to another unrevealed destiny. I am engaged and is heading to wedding day within less than 5 months! :)


My husband-to-be is first known at cell group fellowship over reunion dinner back in 2014. During that particular time, I was still nursing my post-breakup pain with my ex after returning from Singapore for good. It was hard to deal with post breakup pain. My breakup story was bad.


We were befriending as fellow cell group friend, and it grew to slight romantic relationship from time to time. He was (and is) the joker at cell group with his silly jokes. As a tough believer of 'out of the abundance of the heart, the mouth speaks (Luke 6:45a)', I always regarded him as one stoopid joker. Really.


He was always the person who made the entire group laughed, and I always maintained calm and secure posture in the group. I hardly laughed but rolled my eyes often. It came to a point when he placed interest in me by teasing me a lot - almost all the time with any kinds of jokes. His attitude always caused me annoyed all the time, and annoyance turned into sympathy. And sympathy turned into a sense of longing. And longing is not far away from love.


He didn't stop to catch my attention by merely teasing. He started to shower me with attention by worrying when I posted few concerning posts at social media. He always stole the seat beside or in front of me - he seemed comfortable sitting close to me. He talked about his personal stuff when we were both inside car, which was unusual for a closed introvert man to communicate such information. We laughed and sang inside car over old 90s love songs. Yet, all of above, we didn't communicate our feeling to each other.



Until I was about to decide to move to Jakarta for good, I took courage to ask him about his feeling. I knew I risked my pride and friendship - if he was not agreeing, I would have lost my pride and friendship. Until he confirmed his feeling, I cancelled my promotion to Jakarta and remained at Medan.


I admit my decision to remain is not easy - I have to keep going with greater pressures coming from every side each day. I am abused beyond what I can comprehend. I have to endure pains and at the same time wondering if my relationship decision is right. Some of church girls grow to hate me for dating their eyecandy. All of seniors accused me for being unwise not to choose long-distance relationship. I thought people would congratulate me for settling in relationship but no.


It took some time for me to realize that life is about choices and wisdom. What will my relationship be if I decide it to be long-distance? We fought and argued hard but grew closer each time. We prayed and discussed about life issues. Those things cannot be felt in a long-distance relationship.


All in all, I am thankful to Abba Father who loves me tenderly. I prayed for a specific kind of man of God, and my husband-to-be is my answer. He prayed for the same thing, and I am too.
We are both too happy and grateful to Jesus.
Happy that our long-wait is not in vain.
Happy that Jesus brings us together.
Happy.



.....I will be faithful and love you for the rest of my life. Christ is all and in all.


Much love,

Irene, x





No comments:

Post a Comment