Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Fame - Two Edged Sword


Everyone starts off as a beginner or amateur, taking start in one thing and hoping to be recognized from experience upon experience.


Everyone has a desire to be famous.
The taste of fame that they never tried before.


Everyone gets into a race where everyone runs
but only one gets the fame.
Ultimately, only one stands under the spotlight in front of many.


Striving. Struggling.
All they can think is: fame will satisfy my heart.
That's what you see in every single person.


People starts to forget how valuable their lives are. Forsaking all priceless relationships only to pursue fame.

Once they got the fame, they stand under the bright spotlight in front of many. An object of many people. They got the fame. They got public demand.


The demand of perfection is suffocating.
The demand to meet people's expectation is like a thorn under your flesh.
The demand keeps coming without ceasing.


That is what spotlight feels like.
You got your pride for a while,
but you might not be happy of it.


I wish I could handle every single crazy demand.
I wish people didn't regard me as god.
I wish people are more lenient towards me.

My achievement has set me under bright spotlight
that it almost blinds me
that it almost kills me.
At once, I thought I would rather perish away together with my fame.

That's my story.



With love and shining spotlight,

Irene

No comments:

Post a Comment