Sunday, August 21, 2011

Do Not Shout

NO NEED TO SHOUT




One day, a professor asked his students 'Why do we SHOUT when we are ANGRY?'
All the students thought for a while. One answered 'Because we lost our cool. That's why we SHOUT.'
Asked the professor again, 'But the person is just right next to you, why can't we talk softly? Why do we have to SHOUT?'

Everyone gave their opinions but none was accepted by the professor.

Finally, the professor explained : 'When we are ANGRY, our hearts drift apart. To mask the DISTANCE we feel, we instinctively SHOUT instead of speak so the other party can hear us.'

'But as we SHOUT, we get ANGRIER. And we feel we drift apart further. So we SHOUT even louder...'

'It is the opposite when we are in love. Not only we do not shout, we whisper into each other's ears - Why?'

'This is because our hearts are very close. As our love deepens, we reach a state of communication where there is no need for words.'

'We understand each other well enough just by exchanging looks,' concluded the professor.

'Therefore, when we are arguing, DO NOT speak words that will make our hearts drift apart even further. WAIT a few days. When you feel your hearts are no longer far apart, pick up the conversation and continue from there.'

 
- That is the reason why I remain quiet when I'm actually angry. When I avoid meeting people, it practically means that I'm hurt. Studying in NTU alone. August is going to end soon. Thank God. My September is uncertain, what am I going to do later? Ok, cease thinking and worrying. You're living in the present, not future.
 
 
 
faith, hope, love,
 
Irene, xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment