Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Tear Dropping Journal

G102 Cognitive Process Journal

Question: “Look for something, find something else, and realize that what you've found is more suited to your needs than what you thought you were looking for.” Describe an instance in your life where this is true.



Response:
There are many things which happened not as what we've
expected yet predicted. Life has always been so
mysterious. We don't know what will happen next, it
may be either good or bad. Although we plan for the
next step, situation may not run like what we've
planned in advance.






I've experienced such situation in my life, and they
make me realize that life understands me much better
than me myself. I, likewise others, keep on looking
for something which will be beneficial in my life. One
of them was: close friend.






I used to be a lonely girl in my childhood. No one
wanted to be my good friend, even my classmates
ignored me. I always tried to do something to attract
their attention, such as being in the top ten and
winning some competition. However, how much I did, I
always failed to get their attention. How hard I
tried, I always ended up with no friend. I was like an
invisible classmate for them. They paid no attention
to me. They rarely talked and chatted with me. At the
moment, I wasn't being picky in choosing the right
friend for me. My good friend can be either or both boy
(s) and girl(s). My friend should be good-looking,
because I believed that appearance conveys one's
personality. Then, they shouldn't be those who
always have problems at school, like fighting with
classmates, scolding teacher, being lazy to do
homework, and (ever) retaking the class. Overall, I
always avoid those friends whom are able to influence
me to be worse.






The searching for one good friend took years to be
accomplished. At the moment, I didn't take any
tuition, so my social environment was merely school. I
never played with my neighbours, because there were no
little girls nor boys in my neighbourhood. They were
teens, and we never talked to each other. So, I only
talked with my little brother, and he was (and still)
a precious blessing in my life. We used to play,
chat, and watch together at home. However, he is
not a secret keeper. Whenever I confided in him about
my issues, such as not scoring full mark in my
exam, he would directly tell my mom. As a result, he
was only a place for my entertainment. I had no place
to confide my problems and doubts in. My parents
communicate with me only when there is something so
important to be known. My parents don't provide a
space for me to talk and to confide in my problems
(until now, my relationship with my parents is merely
that far). I was a complete lonely girl in my
childhood. I only laughed and smiled when I was
playing with my brother, and that was my childhood. It
was quite sad to recall such moment, and I'm so proud
of myself that I can undergo such a dying life for
years.






Years by years, school lesson had been tougher, and my
score was decreasing. One day, precisely when I was in
my fifth grade, I kept on scoring red mark in my
Maths. In my report, my Maths was fail. However, I
always kept the bad result from my mom to avoid
tasting bamboo stick(s) on my limbs. She would
definitely mad if she knew that I scored lower than my
classmates. However, truth is a truth, no one can keep
it forever. Eventually, my mom saw my score, and I was
beaten like being tortured in hell. Then, I took
tuition for my school subjects.






At the tuition, I made friends easily with others.
Although they were not looked pretty, actually, they
were good, smart, friendly, independent, and
cheerful. They treated me well, and I'm so grateful to
meet them in my life. They could suggest solutions for
me when I confided in my issues. Then, they didn't
hesitate to lend me some resources which would be so
beneficial for me to score the exam. Moreover, their
classes were next to my class, so we could gather and play around
during recess. We went to canteen to have breakfast
together. We went to tuition together. We often talked
at phone and texted with each other. We met almost
everyday. They were my rainbow after my rainy days.






It was the very first time when I found my good
friends. They're more than what I had been looking
for. Firstly, I was only looking for a friend who
could accompany me. However, I found the girls who
were not only accompanying my day, but also boosting
up my result like a rocket. In months, my
transformation was obvious. I used to be a lonely
girl, but then, I had a community which I enjoyed
most. My score was increasing tremendously. I used to
have red marks on my report, but then, they turned to
be full marks. My zest came back; I was ready to score
the difficult paper. Hence, I was placed at the top 3
after a certain period of time when I was being kicked
out from the prestigious place.






Life is unpredictable. No one knows precisely what
will happen next, even fortune tellers and scientists
can't swear that their predictions will take place in
the future. People may plan their ways and look for
something else. Then, things happened may be either
satisfying or disappointing. However, we're not
supposed to be extremely sad when things are not going
on like what we've been expected. I'm sure that the
best will come at the appropriate time. We merely need
to try and pray for it.





P.S.: Taiwan tucker is a disaster
with tears and loves,

- Irene, ♥ -


No comments:

Post a Comment